Are you looking for a resource where you can find information about child development and fun activities for families and staff? The Illinois Early Learning Project (IEL) website provides a wealth of information at the click of a button. The information is available under the following tabs:
- Tip sheets – The tip sheets are focused on the topics of health, child development, and education, provide tips, suggestions, and links for additional information. The tip sheets are an amazing resource for both home and school settings and can be downloaded and printed, or ordered through the IEL website.
- Videos – These videos involve parents/families interacting with young children including reading, play activities (I loved the big box play!), and positive interactions. Video snippets are one to two minutes in length. Videos pertaining to the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines and Illinois Early Learning and Development Benchmarks are also available.
- Standards and Guidelines – The Illinois Early Learning Guidelines, Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards, and Illinois Learning Standards for Kindergarten are available to view and print from this tab on the website.
- Project Approach – There is a wealth of information pertaining to the Project Approach available. Examples, a guide, a blog, tip sheets related to the Project Approach, and the legacy of Lilian Katz can all be accessed under this tab.
- Blogs – Blogs related to children with special needs, dual language learners, learning and growing together and perspectives on the Project Approach can all be found under this tab.
- More resources – The IEL Newsletter, resource lists on a variety of topics, podcasts, and tool kits are available by clicking on this tab.
To learn more and explore all of the resources available on the Illinois Early Learning Project website, visit https://illinoisearlylearning.org.
Reviewed by: Jodi Knapp